What is Disc Golf?
Disc Golf is setup very similar to a game of Golf. Instead of hitting a ball with a club, you’re throwing plastic discs through a course attempting to land them in the baskets, like the image above.
While this simple goal may seem easy at first, you’ll find that practice and regular play to learn how to throw the discs will make for a much easier time! Combine this with all the different types of discs there are to throw, and you’ve found yourself in a very deep sport that rewards knowledge of both the tools at your disposal and yourself!
The best thing about Disc Golf? It’s incredibly affordable! Discs themselves run anywhere from about $10 to $20, a fraction of the price of some other sport equipment. Also, unlike regular Golf, most Disc Golf courses do not charge a fee to play on them, making it one of the easiest and most convenient sports to go out and play!
Disc Golf is one of the most rapid growing sports in the world and we are proud to be a part of it!
The Ozarks are a great place for Disc Golf with a number of courses in the area, perfect for beginners or seasoned veterans. Check out a list of some of the local courses below!
- Oak Grove (9 holes): 1538 S Oak Grove Ave, Springfield, MO 65804
- Evangel University (9 holes): 1111 N Glenstone Ave, Springfield, MO 65802
- Tom Watkins DGC (18 holes): No Address: From North Kearny St, turn South on Elizabeth – entry will be on the right hand side of the road
- Mcbride Park (10 holes): 5005 S Farm Rd 135, Springfield, MO 65810
- Miller Park “Lucky 13” (13 holes): 711 E Miller Rd, Republic, MO 65738
- PC18 (18 holes): 9260 N Farm Rd 183, Fair Grove, MO 65648
- McCauley Park (18 holes): 701 N Taylor Way, Nixa, MO 65714
- Grubaugh Park (18 holes): 709 E McCracken Rd, Ozark, MO 65721
- Swing Right Golf (18 holes): 444 E Farm Rd 192, Springfield, MO 65810 ** $5 To Play
- Juniper Valley Farm (18 holes): 3812 State Hwy KK, Rogersville, MO 65742 ** $5 To Play
- Branson Trails (18 holes): 7318 State Hwy 248, Branson, MO 65616 ** $10 To Play
- Two Rivers Disc Golf (18 holes): 5055 Two Rivers Rd, Highlandville, MO 65669
- Southwest Baptist University DGC (18 holes): 1600 University Ave, Bolivar, MO 65613
- Jared Hilton Memorial (18 holes): 1805 Lynn St, Lebanon, MO 65536
- McClelland Park (18 holes): 4568 McClelland Park Rd, Joplin, MO 64804
- Harmony Bends (18 holes): 801 N Strawn Rd, Columbia, MO 65203 – Special Note: One of the highest rated courses in the country!
Find all these courses are more with the UDisc app! Check it out here!